Get In Touch
Frequently Asked Question!
The Solarity Partnership Scheme offers a range of benefits for businesses and organizations looking to collaborate with Solarity in the solar energy industry. Here are five key benefits of the Solarity Partnership Scheme. Read More
Switching to solar energy offers several significant benefits, both for individuals and the environment. Here are some of the key benefits of going on solar energy in Lagos: Read More
Today, we have an important topic to discuss: the challenges of integrating solar power plants into the grid. But before we dive in, let’s remind ourselves of the incredible benefits of solar power! Read More
We will be discussing the advantages of the Sun King Solar Light in Lagos today, which is a fascinating subject! where we explore creative ways to lower the cost of electricity and increase access to energy Before we get started, let’s briefly address a prevalent issue: Read More
In recent years, solar lights have gained popularity as a sustainable and cost-effective lighting solution for both indoor and outdoor spaces. With advancements in technology, installing solar lights has become easier than ever, offering flexibility and convenience. In this blog, we will explore 6 easy and flexible ways to install solar lights, allowing you to embrace renewable energy and brighten up your living spaces. Read More
Once upon a time, in a small rural village named Maria, the residents relied heavily on electricity for their daily activities. However, they frequently experienced power outages due to unreliable infrastructure and limited access to electricity. These outages plunged the village into darkness, making it challenging for the community to carry out their essential tasks, study, and socialize after sunset. Read More
Example: You want to power a computer with a 17″ monitor, some lights, and a radio.
|2 – 30 Watt lights:||60 Watts|
|Total load:||250 Watts|
For this application, you would minimally need a 500 W inverter. Do I need Modified Sine Wave, or Pure Sine Wave? Advantages of Pure Sine Wave inverters over modified sine wave inverters:
- Output voltage wave form is pure sine wave with very low harmonic distortion and clean power like utility-supplied electricity.
- Inductive loads like microwave ovens and motors run faster, quieter and cooler.
- Reduces audible and electrical noise in fans, fluorescent lights, audio amplifiers, TV, Game consoles, Fax, and answering machines.
- Prevents crashes in computers, weird print out, and glitches and noise in monitors.
- Reliably powers the following devices that will normally not work with modified sine wave inverters:
- Laser printers, photocopiers, magneto-optical hard drives
- Certain laptop computers (you should check with your manufacturer)
- Some fluorescent lights with electronic ballasts
- Power tools employing “solid state” power or variable speed control
- Some battery chargers for cordless tools
- Some new furnaces and pellet stoves with microprocessor control
- Digital clocks with radios
- Sewing machines with speed/microprocessor control
- X-10 home automation system
- Medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators
What is an over-current protection device? Why do I need one? ” Batteries are capable of supplying large amounts of current, and thousands of amperes could be present if a short circuit were to occur. A short circuit can damage your system, cause a fire and be hazardous to your health. Incorporating an overcurrent device is an effective line of defense against a short circuit occurrence. An overcurrent protection device is typically a fuse or circuit breaker that goes inline on the positive cable, between the inverter and battery, to protect your system. A fast acting fuse or circuit breaker will blow within milliseconds under short circuit conditions, preventing any damage or hazards.
It is important to appropriately size your fuse or circuit breaker for both your inverter and cables. An oversized fuse could result in cables exceeding their ampere capability, resulting in the cables becoming red-hot and dangerous. Consult your owners manual for the recommended sized fuse or circuit breaker and cable gauge for a safe installation
500 Watt and larger Inverters: We recommend you use deep cycle batteries which will give you several hundred complete charge/discharge cycles. If you use the normal vehicle starting batteries they will wear out after about a dozen charge/discharge cycles.
Need more help? Call us at 234-9053902950-5, 08052735910, 0802450999, 234-1-454-7837