Facts on Solar energy is the energy we get from the sun (solar). The sun has been producing energy for billions of years. It is a completely free, renewable source and now it can be harnessed. technologies use the energy of the sun to light homes, heat water and generate electricity.
- Common domestic use of solar energy is from solar panels which absorb solar power to use for cooking and heating water.
- Solar is one of the most widely used renewable source of energy. One can use renewable energy technologies to convert solar into electricity.
- Solar power can significantly reduce the electricity bills, save home owners money at the same.
- solar is noise pollution free. It has no moving parts, and does not require any additional oil sources, other than sunlight, to produce light.
- Solar energy is used on a wide scale, it only provides a small fraction of the world’s energy supply.
- Solar is a completely free source of energy and it is found in abundance.
- Solar has also another use. By means of photosynthesis, solar energy is converted by green plants into chemical energy which creates the bio mass that makes up the fossil fuels.
- Solar powered hot water systems utilize solar energy to heat water. In certain areas, 60 to 70% of water used domestically for temperatures as high as 60 degree Celsius can be made available by solar heating.
- Since there are no running parts in the solar panels, there is very little wear and tear. This is why the maintenance requirements for the solar systems are very low.